Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tip O'Day #226 - Yet More "Why I Write"

Five more responses to “What Makes You Write?” Let’s do this again sometime.

Clair Saint - Word smithing, articulation that is really important to describe the feeling so the other can completely and totally visualize and/or feel what the writer is describing to touch and stimulate.

Marlene Samuels - I select books for a range of very specific reasons: they're in my field; they're by best-selling authors; they're classics that I didn’t quite understand when I was required to read them; or they're a huge intellectual challenge to me.

Matthew Schott - I have to tell their stories or they will be lost forever. Everyone is a main character; it’s just those who get thrown into unusual situations whose stories becomes books.

Jane Vogley - It's my passion. I enjoy creating stories that entertain people, move them, and make them think. And I write because I'm not so good at other artistic mediums, can't draw or paint to save my life...lol

Claudette Walker - A flame that burns hotter than Dante's Inferno. The unending passion to explore this world as it is during my time and leave an unforgettable trail, she lived...

1 comment:

  1. Being stuck at home a lot of the time, gives me time to reflect. My life has been full of ups and downs and isn't that what stories are? I use my past experiences and imagination, to come up with ideas that I would read, my children would read, and my friends would read. I know it sounds like a lot and it might sound a little over the top, but I have over 2,000 story ideas that are not published yet. I believe I was meant to write them all.

    ReplyDelete