Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Friday, November 25, 2011

Tip O'Day #224 - What Makes You Write?

I recently asked my FB friends, “What makes you write?” Here’s five answers, with more to come:

Linda Lavonne Barton - The voices screaming in my head wanting to tell their stories. LOL

Sarah Bewley - I write plays because I literally have voices in my head, and I figure I'll put them to use. (grin)

Michael Boehm - The characters. They're there in my head, doing things and having conversations. They won't leave me alone unless I write it all down.

Shirl Henke - I began writing because I had stories in my head and had to put them to paper. Once I became published, I had deadlines on my mind. Now that I'm e-pubbing my backlist before writing any more new books, I feel the very strong urge to stop and begin with the new stories once again.

John Hohn - It gives my life purpose.

I put these in alphabetical order by last name. Interesting how the same theme runs through the first four.
I'll post more replies from my friends over the next week. If you have a thought you're burning to share, email me at montananovels@yahoo.com or add a comment below.
After Christmas, look for Assassin's Club: Preservation on Kindle, with wider distribution to follow.

1 comment:

  1. When I became disabled and could not work, I had time on my hands and lots of it. I will admit that it was very hard at first to know what I would do with my life as I was in constant pain and had no clue how I would get by day by day. My inspiration to find something I was good at and would help keep my mind off my disease, was the answer. I found myself having a talent I did not know I had or did not have the confidence to bother finding one. I grew up thinking that I would not amount to anything, so lacked confidence that anything I did after this point would be a waste of time. Thanks to my kids inspiring me, I went on to become a writer. Oh, I have had a few negatives about my writing-but those are a few and far between. So WHY NOT WRITE?

    ReplyDelete