Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tip O'Day 225 - Why You Write 2.0

Five more friends respond to the question, "Why Do You Write?"

Heather Long - Because if I don't write I daydream all day and don't get paid for it.

Ellie Mack - I think everyone would benefit from more laughter, and a lighthearted look at life. Otherwise it's just too depressing. Since I don't want to do stand-up comedy, I write. The wit and wisdom combined gives a certain 'slant' that not everyone sees. That's what I feel that I offer to others - a wry view that brings a few laughs, a half full in a world of half empties.

Sue Owen - I have no idea what makes a person write. It’s not an easy life. It’s lonely and scary. You pour your heart into a work that takes you forever to finish. But really it’s never finished; you just reach a point where you just can’t look at it anymore so you publish it. Then people read it and tell you how this or that could have been done differently, all with good intentions. Why would anyone do that to themselves?

Deb Peters - I do not feel like anything or anyone makes me write. I have a very vivid imagination and years of life experiences. If I have inspired one person to be happy with their lives or do something to change it to make them happy, then I have accomplished my goal.

Marsheila Rockwell - No one else is writing the stories I want to read.

My thriller Assassin's Club: Preservation will be out on Kindle at Christmas - look for it!

3 comments:

  1. Marsheila Rockwell -- that's it exactly. If anyone was writing the kinds of books I want to read, I'd probably be happy to read them. It's the drive to create something you can't find anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to write in all genres for all ages-in order to please all readers some day.

    ReplyDelete