Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Monday, October 17, 2011

Tip O'Day for Authors #191

Guest blogger Matthew Carter on the writer’s long and winding road.

In college, I tried different styles, searching for one I could go with, but none seemed to mesh with who I was. After trial and error and plenty of frustration, I was able to find what fit me best. My professor was right there with me and encouraged me to become the best writer I could be.

Whether it be finding your own style, editing your work, bringing it to publishers, or dealing with poor reviews, perseverance is a key to writing that all authors should be made aware of.

It took five years to pen my first novel and it took time to find a publisher. Writing can be a long arduous process, frustrating at times. The important thing is to keep a level head no matter what frustrations may occur around the writer.

Matthew’s book website is www.liquidsoulsessence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment