Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Friday, October 14, 2011

Tip O'Day for Authors #189

Guest blogger Sue Julsen on what she looks for as a reader.

First, I'm backlogged on books that have been given to me, plus there are many author friends I've met online that I want to read. Second, when I want something else to read, I look for anything by a favorite author, such as John Saul. Third, I look at the front and back covers to see if it's something I might like. If a line grabs me, I'll start reading.

One thing that will make me stop reading is tons of mistakes, especially when writers can't keep their own characters straight.

Sue’s book Bitter Memories tells a powerful true story of abduction and abuse. I’m amazed she was able to eventually face her past and write this book. You’ll be seeing more of Sue on this blog before long.
Check out her Goodreads blog at http://www.goodreads.com/suejulsen or the book link http://www.outskirtspress.com/bittermemories/

No comments:

Post a Comment