Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Monday, October 3, 2011

Tip O'Day for Authors #178

Guest blogger Terry Ravenscroft says 35% of something is better than 70% of nothing.

In January of this year I published my eight paperbacks as Kindle e-books. Amazon UK pays the writer 70% of the price for books priced at over £2.00, 35% under £2.00. I priced my books at £3.49 each. My share was £2.15. Average sales were less that 8 per week.

Ten weeks ago I re-priced one of my books at 99 pence, which netted me 30 pence per copy. The first week I sold 10. The next week 57. The third week 188. The fourth week I re-priced all my books at 99 pence. This week I sold 3,350. Do the math, as they say.

Check out Terry’s Amazon page at http://amzn.to/nKRuEI

No comments:

Post a Comment