Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tip O'Day for Writers #133

Guest blogger Bob L. Morgan on what to write & how to get published.

As far as choosing one book to write over another, that just comes down to what excites me enough to sustain my interest through the entire process. If I'm not excited then I can't keep my readers excited. The only thing I always promise is that my readers will never be bored when they read one of my books. They might be grossed out, or disgusted or maybe ticked off but they will never be bored.

As far as getting published: I just write what I really like reading then look for publishers who seem to fit the type of book that I just put together. But don't be too picky. There is no perfect fit. If you search for the perfect fit you'll be searching forever. My stuff blends several genres at once so finding publishers has not been easy. You just keep throwing it out there. Somebody will publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment