Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tip O'Day #250 - "Precise & Effortless"

Guest blogger Curtis Oddo on choreographed writing – sort of.

The best books I have read, such as The Three Musketeers, have story lines that read like a well-choreographed dance. Precise, effortless, synchronized movements with no wasted energy, very creative, and a killer finale that makes people cheer for more. I actually think about that – dance choreography – when I write. It takes a lot of effort to work out all the details in a plot intensive story, but it is worth it.

I tried to do that for my first book, The Crimson Battle Axe, and will try very hard to do the same with the second book, based upon the same characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment