Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tip ODay #328 - How Readers Pick What To Read, Part 2

I asked some writer/reader friends on FB what factors help them choose a book to read, and their answers appear this week.

Elicia Stoops Clegg - The first page.

Jonnie Comet - Usually, the blurb. I like to read the synopsis and see the premise of the plot and what the characters will be like. I'm not that visual and visual images don't usually sell me without intriguing text. I also don't pay attention to reviews-- maybe because as a thinking individual I consider my opinion as valid and valuable as those people's, maybe more so.

Nick du Plessis - With nonfiction, I select based on topic and sometimes based on recommendation. With fiction, I choose based on personal recommendations and books by authors I have previously read.

1 comment:

  1. This is really a curious question and everybody will have different answer. Because reading or writing depends one's own interest. One can not get rigid answer for this.

    ReplyDelete