Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tip O'Day #327 - How Readers Pick What to Read, Part 1

I asked some writer/reader friends on FB what factors help them choose a book to read, and their answers appear this week.

Claire Atherton - I have favourite authors but although I pick up their books, like any other book it is the blurb that pulls me in and peaks my interest. If it excites my reading senses, then I am sure to get it. For someone who I haven't read before, it’s the front cover and lettering that will draw me in first, and then the blurb.

Randy Bekkedahl - Tips from friends. I have such a wide reading group of friends, I get lots of recommendations.

B. Chris Bell - Authors. I've always read anthologies to find them. If I like what I see, I’ll read one of their books. Guess I'm not real trendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment