Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tip O'Day #35

Guest blogger Mike Pettit says: Consider Print on Demand.

My story is like so many other authors today. Months and months spent trying to get an agent, with rejection after rejection. Publishers won't talk to you without an agent, if then. The mainstream Agent/Pub crowd is sticking with proven moneymakers. They don't want to invest the time or money in new authors.

I finally gave up and took my career into my own hands. I found a P.O.D (Print on Demand) publisher, iUniverse, and now have four novels out on Amazon, B&N and several other sites. Sale are okay, but I'm not really in it for the money. I enjoy the notoriety of being a published author. It's a daunting task to be your own marketing, sales, and PR person but you have to do it. The mainstream guys are in a panic because of all the e-book action.

More and more authors are going this way. Depending on your goals, you need to decide what is best for you.

Mike writes the John Locke series of suspense thrillers and blogs about thrillers and other topics at http://johnlockethriller.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment