Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tip O'Day #30

Similar writing tips from two awesome ladies - Get an outside eye.

Multi-talented Jessica Knauss: "A tip that has made a huge difference in my writing has been stepping out of typical writer's isolation and seeking critique partners. An outside eye can do wonders for how one considers one's own work. For anyone who lacks literary acquaintances, www.critique.org has a workshop for every style and genre."

Laura Schultz, one of founders/directors of the Writers Etc group on Facebook: "I usually don't submit a piece unless I have someone I trust read it aloud to me, so I can hear it versus just reading it myself. Another voice and pair of eyes always helps to see what I cannot."

No comments:

Post a Comment