Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Friday, May 27, 2011

Saying for Writers #53

Another Quotation which Might (or Might Not) inspire you to write:

"Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." - E.L. Doctorow

In the ongoing debate between Planners and Pantsers (writing by the seat of your pants), I'm firmly in the middle. I know generally where I'm headed, and have a clear plan for the next few chapters. I keep on writing, always knowing what will happen in the next 50 pages or so.

I see the road as the headlights expose it, and for me, that keeps the trip exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment