Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Reboot

I ended 2013 with a closet full of excuses. I was writing like crazy on my WIP, a young adult (or maybe new adult) paranormal set during prehistoric times. Oh, and I fell down one icy morning and broke my left wrist. That wasn't healing straight so I needed an operation to put in assorted titanium hardware and screws to align the bones. Of course, that was an ideal time to plan a pre-Christmas trip to London, with Christmas Day in Cork, Ireland.

Back and unpacked now, getting healed and making steady progress on my WIP. So it's time to follow the urging of both my fans, and jump back in the blogging saddle.

More than anything else, I enjoy sharing the advice and inspirational stories of other writers. Anyone wishing to join the fun should email me at montananovels@yahoo.com - I'm generally looking for about 500 words about what excites you (or drives you crazy) about writing and the publishing business.

Some of you know about my weird hobby of collecting strange country song titles. Not the songs, just the bizarre titles. In a special treat, I've narrowed down over 400 contestants to my 31 personal favorites - one for every day in January!

Here's #31 - "You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinkin' "

Happy New Year!

For your New Years enjoyment, here is a Montana winter pic from Sue Haugan, a friend and photographer here in Kalispell, Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment