Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tip O'Day #308 - Spark into a Flame

Guest blogger Dawn Torrens on her writing passions.

To say I am passionate about writing would most definitely be an understatement. I could not imagine a life without writing. I keep all my ideas for future books in a journal, all ideas written in hand. I am never without my journal, as you never know when or what will inspire an idea. Once I have a story in my head, it has to come out right there and then, I become all consumed and spend every available minute penning that story until it’s finished. Thankfully I have an understanding family.

I have always had an incredible imagination - my mind never switches off. I may see an image or listen to a song that will set off a spark within me. Soon the spark turns into a bright flame, and a story is born. The most amazing feeling is arriving at the finish line with your book all complete. I have now written two books, each one written with passion. They are my babies.

I have been inspired by many authors over the years: Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and Emily Bronte among the classics, and then the great authors of our time, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Steven King, Richard North Patterson and John Grisham to name but a few. My tastes are wide and varied. I love a good thriller, and I also like to lose myself in a great love story.

Learn more about Dawn at her website or FB author page.

No comments:

Post a Comment