Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Friday, July 20, 2012

Tip O'Day #362 - "So tell me..."

Guest blogger Rebecca Scarberry on interview questions.

Since I finally self-published my novella on June 17, I’ve decided to take a break from writing so I can spend more time with my family as well as some new friends. Instead of writing, I have been interviewing self-published authors on my blog. This has proven to be quite interesting since I have been asking questions that I don’t see other bloggers asking.

Here are some of the questions I’ve asked:

• Can you tell us a little about your nationality/ancestry?
• Once you finish writing, do you miss the characters you’ve written about?
• While writing, where do you turn for help with punctuation and grammar?
• Do family members support your writing, or complain about the time spent away from them?
• Does writing benefit you in any way, and if so, how?
• When you’re writing, do you shut-off all social networks?
• If you used Beta readers, were any of them family members?
• If you write book reviews, is there any special process you use?

The answers I receive don’t vary much, but they still surprise me.

You can find Rebecca’s blog here, or check her out on Twitter as Scarberryfields.

No comments:

Post a Comment