Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Saying for Writers #56

Another Quotation which Might (or Might Not) inspire you to write:

“Writing and rewriting are a constant search for what it is one is saying.” - John Updike

When I started doodling on MONTANA IS BURNING, I had a vague concept that it would be interesting to plop a Born Again cop from the city into a rural police force made up of coarse, heavy-drinking rednecks. Then the characters I had created decided they had a different story to tell, and dragged the novel off in unexpected directions. My subconscious mind has been very, very busy, and I'm still figuring out what I'm trying to tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment