Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border

Kootenai River in NW Montana, near Canadian Border
photo by Gene Tunick of Eureka, Montana

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tip O'Day for Authors #179

Guest blogger Elynne Chaplik-Aleskow on anthologies.

When I began my professional writing career four years ago, non-fiction was a natural fit for me. I have been blessed to have experienced a life filled with many stories I wish to share. I made the conscious decision that in starting my career as a published author, anthologies would offer me a diverse and potentially larger audience and distribution than having all my stories in one book.

For now, my plan is working well. The publishers and editors of the anthologies my work is published in all promote their books. I am happy to be part of their families with my work exposed to their many audiences. I have also developed my own loyal following based on my published work, my performances of my stories for various organizations and my Public Broadcasting television background. I have been invited to NYC at 11:00 a.m. on October 20th to perform my newest story “MORE THAN LIFE” for the launch of the book Moms & Grandmas (Kiwi Publishing) at The Museum of Motherhood, 84th Street at 1st Avenue.

The anthology market for publication is very competitive, with very talented writers vying for a place in these books. Some anthologies are non-fiction. Others are a combination of fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry. Check out the below publishers’ submission calls. Write and submit!

Elynne Chaplik-Aleskow is an author, public speaker, and award-winning educator and broadcaster. Her non-fiction stories and essays have been published in numerous anthologies including Thin Threads (Kiwi Publishing), Chicken Soup for the Soul (Simon & Schuster Distributor), This I Believe: On Love (Wiley Publishing), Forever Travels (Mandinam Press), Press Pause Moments (2011 Clarion Award) (Kiwi Publishing), and My Dad Is My Hero (Adams Media). Visit http://LookAroundMe.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment